Comprehensive resource planning tools for labor, materials, equipment, and subcontractor requirements. Our resource planning tools are fully integrated with other components of VGK project management software, including scheduling, budgeting, task management, resource tracking and cost control providing a complete software solution for bottom up project management.
- Task labor requirements planning and tracking
- Task materials requirements planning and materials usage tracking
- Task equipment requirements planning and usage tracking
- Task subcontractor work delegation, tracking and approval
- Resource requirements reports for tasks, jobs, and project
- Detailed resource schedules for labor, materials, equipment and subcontractors
- Overview of planned vs actual resource usage
- Integration with project budgeting
- Integration with project cost tracking
- Integration with task management
- Integration with employee scheduling
Comprehensive labor planning tools
VGK enables project managers to plan labor requirements for each task as well as assign employees, contractors, or crews to carry out the work. Labor planning is a two-step process: estimating labor requirements and assigning resources to carry out the work.
Labor requirements estimates can be specified for each task based on activity type (eg. carpentry, welding, framing, etc.). Each task can have as many activity types as needed with their corresponding time estimates. Labor requirements totals are automatically displayed on VGK schedule for all labor needs by activity type and their corresponding costs. VGK also provides reports to assess labor requirements by period, as well as their costs.
Resource assignment can be done at any time between planning and starting the task. Using VGK software you can assign employees, contractors, or crews to carry out each activity. VGK helps you to find the appropriate resources through qualifications filtering and workload data.
Features of VGK Labor Planning
- Task and project summary of labor requirements by skill set
- Labor requirements report by period for each skill set
- Labor cost estimates for tasks and project overall
- Labor funding requirements by period (any user defined period)
- Integration with labor tracking
- Integration with employee time tracking
Material requirements planning for projects
VGK enables you to plan project materials requirements and track usage on a task-by-task basis. You can add any number of material types and quantities for each project task. VGK software automatically tallies material requirements project wide, calculates their cost and provides materials requirements summaries and reports.
Material resource planning features:
Subcontractor Work Delegation
Delegate project work as it suits you! VGK allows you to allocate any project work (task, job, or activity) to a subcontractor. You specify at which point in the project a given subcontractor is involved, describe their work and set expected budget and man-hours.
VGK software automatically incorporates subcontractor costs into the project budget and allows you to set a markup. We also provide workload estimates for each subcontractor and include their expected timeline as part of project schedule.
Equipment Planning Tools
Using VGK software you can plan your equipment requirements for project tasks. You can specify the type of equipment, the number of units and expected duration of use. VGK software automatically adds equipment cost to project totals and provides you with a variety of reports on project equipment requirements:
Equipment Management Features:
Resource Budgeting Tools
VGK software automatically calculates budget estimates for each resource as part of our bottom up budgeting tools. Resource budget is calculated automatically and simultaneously with resource planning based on resource prices/rates of your company.
Features & benefits of budgeting integration
- Automated, bottom up budget based on complete resource requirements
- Separate labor, materials, equipment, and subcontractor budgets for project
- Separate labor, materials, equipment, and subcontractor budgets by period (for any specified period)
- Schedule of labor funding requirements
- Schedule of project funding requirements
Templates to speed up resource planning
Using VGK project planning tools project managers can create templates that include a timeline, budget, and resource requirements for labor, materials, equipment and subcontractors. Created templates can be used in any number of projects significantly speeding up the planning process.
VGK provides two types of project templates: entire projects templates or task/deliverable/stage templates. Entire project templates are suitable for recurring projects, while task/deliverable/stage templates (we call them schedule blocks) can be used to build new projects using similar types of work to previous projects.
Templates provide a robust way to plan projects using experience gained from similar work in the past.
Resource Requirements Reports
By leveraging bottom up resource planning VGK project management tools provide a range of reports for resource requirements for each project as well as company-wide.
Examples of common reports:
- Labor skills requirements by period
- Materials requirements by period
- Equipment requirements by period
- Totals for labor, materials, equipment requirements by project
- Total for labor, materials, equipment requirements for company branch
- Funding requirements for labor, materials, equipment, and subcontractor by period
- Many more reports. Contact us for details.
Resource Tracking Integration
Whereas planning project resources gives a precise estimate of project work and budget, resource tracking shows the reality for a project and allows to plan better next time. VGK software provides comprehensive project tracking capabilities, including resource tracking, cost tracking, and schedule tracking.
You can use resource tracking for:
- Track actual labor hours per task by labor type
- Track actual subcontractor costs per task
- Track actual materials usage per task
- Track actual equipment needs per task
- Track actual costs for each resource type
- Planned vs. actual reports for each resource type