Project workforce management software featuring requirements planning, qualified staff assignment, task and time management, performance metrics and complete integration with VGK bottom up project management software. Project managers can use our integrated project workforce management tools to plan and manage their project workforce at the same time as keeping on top of project schedule, costs and performance.
- Complete workforce requirements planning for tasks, jobs, and project
- Company-wide workforce requirements reports
- Qualified staff assignment by task, job, or project
- Resource workload assessment
- Automated notification of resource assignment
- Time tracking and time sheet integration
- Project progress tracking integration
- Task management integration
- Key performance indicators for all project staff
- Human resources integration
Project workforce requirements planning
Project workforce requirements forecasts are available once the project schedule and task resource requirements are complete. Workforce requirements forecasts are provided for each skill-set/qualification project-wide, branch-wide and company-wide. Workforce requirements forecasts are available as project summaries as well as month-by-month distributions.
Summary of project workforce planning
- Create a project schedule with basic task details.
- For each task add labor activities, required workforce qualification and man hours.
- Allocate resources to labor activities by qualification and availability.
Workforce scheduling tools – by qualification and availability
VGK workforce management tools provide a list of company staff to match required activity qualifications, allowing you to easily select the best person for the task. Assignments can be done for the project as a whole, for specific jobs, or on a task-by-task basis.
You can check resource availability for the selected task or for the project as a whole with a single mouse click. Alternatively you can analyze your resource’s workload in detail. VGK software calculates each employee’s time commitment between all their allocated tasks allowing project managers to effectively assign multiple tasks to each resource.
Project managers can set up work crews and assign them to project activities just like any other resource. VGK software automatically calculates crew hourly rate and allows you to track crew members, leader, equipment and workload.
Subcontractor work delegation
VGK software assists project managers to delegate work to external subcontractors.
- Estimate subcontractor budget
- Draft subcontractor contract
- Include work duration as part of overall project schedule
- Track planned vs. actual duration
- Track budget vs. actual costs
- Assess work quality
- Assess subcontractor performance
Task Management tools
Task management tools are included for all project and company staff. User task consoles combine on a single place all active tasks, reminders and issues assigned to the specific user. User task console shows each person their allocated work and automatically communicates between the team any status updates and raised issues. Task details are always up-to-date, and include only relevant information.
- Displays active tasks assigned to the current user
- Displays reminders relevant to the current user
- Displays issues assigned to the current user
- Allows user to update their task hours
- Allows users to update tasks status
- Allows users to update task percentage completion
- Allows users to raise task and project issues
Time tracking & time sheets tools
Time tracking and time sheet functionality is provided for all project and company staff. Project staff allocate their work hours directly to project activities. They can update their hours from the user task console, task details screen, or directly into their time sheet. VGK workforce management tools automatically incorporate every person’s work hours into their time sheet.
Work hours are automatically billable to the correct project and are used to update task progress and actual project costs.
- Simple way for all project and company staff to record work hours
- Full-featured time sheet available to every person
- Time sheet approval by the project manager
- Clear differentiation between admin hours and project hours
- Project work hours are directly billable to specific project and completely integrated with project billing module
- Hours entry automatically updates project progress and up-to-date cost
Project progress tracking integration
VGK tools provide a detailed summary of project progress. Using our project progress tracking tools you can see a comprehensive overview of project timeline and costs thus far, including details for labor, materials, equipment, and subcontractors. Progress tracking tools are fully integrated with employee time tracking, resource tracking, and billing providing comprehensive project-level support for very little extra effort.
Project labor tracking is updated with staff time entry, so it is always up-to-date. Using staff time entry details our project workforce management tools provide side-by-side comparison of planned vs. actual man hours, costs, and duration for each task, job, and project overall. Using VGK’s planned vs. actual comparison tools project managers can assess their projects in real-time clearly seeing tasks that are delayed and over budget.
- Automatic project costs updates with employee time entry
- Complete project labor cost tracking based on actual man hours and actual resource rates
- Comparison of planned vs actual man hours and labor costs for each task and project overall
- Project labor forecasts (estimates at completion) for actual man hours and labor costs
- Up-to-date workforce requirements forecasts at any point during project life-cycle
Workload and key performance indicators
VGK workforce management tools provide a workload overview for each company resource. Work details are provided as a summary per project and as a full breakdown by task. Using workload tracking tools you can see each resource’s assigned tasks, planned hours per task, and total planned hours on a daily basis for any selected dates range.
VGK HR tools provide a range of key performance indicators (kpi) for each resource. VGK’s key performance indicators are an excellent tool to assess employee performance, and give reliable support for pay rises, skill level upgrades, and bonuses.
Company/branch workforce requirements planning
VGK tools provide reports of total workforce requirements by skill set for any period of interest. Workforce requirements forecasts can be traced for selected projects, all branch projects, or all company projects. Workforce requirements are available as summaries by skill set as well as monthly distributions by skill set.